Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Honey

Honey has been one of my favorite things since I was a little girl. My father had bee hives and we always had a jar of honey in the house. Today is no different. I eat honey every day and love it. I cook with it, put it on my cereal in the mornings, and eat honey and peanut butter sandwiches.

The honey bee is the only insect that produces food eaten by humans. Did you know that an average honey bee only makes one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in its lifetime? The honey bee has been around for at least 30 million years!
Honey has so many uses that I can’t begin to name them all in this post. As far back as ancient times honey was used for its healing powers.
Native American women used honey on their skin as a moisturizer.
According to scientific research honey may be the new antibiotic.
Honey is an instant energizer, an antioxidant, speeds healing of wounds and improves your immune system. Honey consumption may have a positive effect on factors associated with heart disease risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment