Monday, June 6, 2011

Divine Garlic Cheese Biscuits

These little biscuits just melt in your mouth and go with just about any meal. Slathered with melted butter along with the garlic and cheese, they can’t be beat.


2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (could use regular milk)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening until crumbs are the size of peas. Add garlic and sugar. Stir in cheese and milk. You can do these as drop biscuits using a tablespoon of batter and dropping onto sprayed baking sheet or you can shape them with your hands and make a larger biscuit. I did some of both with this batch just to show you. Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Brush tops with the melted butter.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, It has come to my attention today that several recipes and posts on your blog are copied almost word for word from my site, The Southern Lady Cooks. I am very flattered that you like my recipes and site but would appreciate very much if you would link back to my blog giving the link to the post you are copying. My blog link is: http://southernlady64.wordpress.com/

    There are a lot of bloggers out there that would be very upset if they had this happen to them and may even threaten you with a lawsuit. I truly feel it is an oversight on your part and don't want to see you get into any trouble if you have done this with other sites.

    If you will check on my site, it says the site is protected by Copyscape and should not be copied. This is posted on many other blogs as well and all they have to do is list the name of their post and it will show up if someone has copied it.

    I am only trying to let you know and I hope you don't take this wrong. Sincerely, Judy Yeager from The Southern Lady Cooks blog.

    ReplyDelete