Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pimento and Cheese

My Mother’s Homemade Pimiento and Cheese
You will NEVER need another recipe for this again!!! And you will NEVER buy store-bought again once you TRY my mama's recipe!!! It is simply wonderful...

Note: This is my dear mother’s outstanding recipe for homemade pimiento and cheese. It is the best in the world—the best I have ever eaten. I love it plain and with butter crackers. I love it because it is very gentle on my stomach since I had Lap-Band surgery last year, and it’s a good source of protein for me. However, it is NOT low fat at all, and everybody will love it! This recipe makes a generous portion and should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not enjoying.

2 lb. mild freshly grated cheddar cheese (best if you grate block cheese by hand, but if you are pressed for time, you may use the big 32 oz. grated bag of cheese, not the shredded)
8 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese, softened in microwave 20 sec.
1 (4 oz) jar Dromedary diced pimientos, with juice
1 1/3 cups Blue Plate mayonnaise
1-2 tsp. black pepper

Grate blocks of cheese with a hand grater into large mixing bowl (or use pre-grated if you don't have time). In another small bowl, place cream cheese. Microwave for 20 seconds until slightly softened. Stir. Add this mixture to the freshly grated cheese. Stir in pimientos, mayonnaise, and black pepper. Stir until well mixed. Chill for at least 3 hours before enjoying. This is delicious served plain, with butter crackers, or on any type of bread.
Only use Blue Plate mayonnaise also. Do not use Miracle Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment