1 - 18.25 oz. pkg. cake mix
1 - 16 oz. container prepared frosting (only use /34)
Almond Bark coating or whatever you prefer
Prepare cake mix and cool for 30 minutes. Crumble cake into bowl and add frosting. Place in frig for 3 hours or overnight.
Line baking pan with wax paper. Use melon baller form balls and place tray in freezer for 1 hour. Melt your almond bark stirring every 5 -10 seconds until smooth. You can add a bit of food coloring if desired.
Remove balls from freezer. Using one toothpick pick up the balls and dip and use second toothpick to slide the ball off onto wax paper. Once all is covered, place in frig until coating is set. Can drizzle melted coating on balls for decoration.
When almond bark is melted, stir in 1 tsp. vegetable oil.
1. Chill the bake and frosting mixture well (at least 2 hrs.) Freeze balls at least 6 hrs. before dipping. Before dipping make sure they are not frozen solid as this will cause cracking when drying.
2. Use melon scoop to form balls for uniform size and small balls are easier to eat.
3. Work in small batches when dipping keeping the rest in the freezer.
4. Use oil based candy dye to color.
5. Lay dipped balls on waxed paper to harden, placing the spot where you pierced the ball down to cover the hole or cover hole with decoration.
6. Dipped balls will keep at room temp for days, if you refrigerate them, the coating will sweat.